This is my owner’s manual. If you want to get to know me, or trying but failing; this is for you.
8. Sharing is Caring (random shares relating to how I feel)
A few things typology won’t predict/tell about me, even though a few are typical for NF’s/INFJ’s:
- I require feedback/appreciation, especially at work.
- I read only non-fiction, and usually only to learn.
- I rarely watch movies, but love documentaries (see above).
- As much as I revel in spontaneity, I usually preferred things scheduled and planned.
- I was raised Catholic, but haven’t regularly practiced since age 17. I now classify as atheist.
- Politically I usually say I’m very liberal. Progressive is probably the better answer.
- Don’t lie to me or share my secrets!! (We’ll cover that more later).
- I’ve been car-free for 10 years mostly by choice.
- Single, never married, no kids, and highly likely to remain that way (also by choice).
- More to come as it comes to me…
– Before I started my MBTI self-discovery, I wanted to explore why my cynicism was running so high. I began with checking out a book called “Critique of Cynical Reason“, but it was too dry and only read a few pages. Though this is a significant trait of my personality, it’s much deeper than just being what other perceive as negative.
– This is the first MBTI test I took. Most online tests are not as thorough as the real thing which you will have to pay good money for. It will give you a good base, but it’s best to read several online profiles to really unlock which one fits you best.
“Introverted thinkers; they suck when you talk to them sometimes..”
Here are some links finally. Ideally I want to have short descriptions for each one, but we’ll see how that goes…
- Humanmetrics results (description)
- How to love your INFJ
- INFJ’s at work (ODT)
- Difficulty finding a practical career
- INFJ personal growth
- INFJ; The Confidant
- Personality Junkie (Dr. AJ Drenth)
- Personality Growth description
- Susan Cain’s TED Talk
- Being INFJ
- A Broad Abroad
- MBTI graphic
- 10 myths about introverts
- MBTI summaries
- Introvert FAQ’s
- Introvert = Awesome
- The NF Idealist
- 16 Personalities (INFJ)
- INFJ.org FAQ
- 10 little known facts about INFJ’s
- INFJ business course
- Everything or Nothing: An Ode to the INFJ
- Me – The INFJ Type
- How INFJ’s think
- Dating an INFJ
- How to spot an INFJ
- Everything beautiful we can see
- Top 10 things every INFJ wants you to know (thanks, Jennifer)
- INFJ Anonymous
- Another AJ Drenth description
- Introvert, Dear
- Always speak your mind
- Introvert, Dear; 10 confessions
- The fortunes of solitude; Susan Cain
- The INFJ Coach
- Life as an INFJ
- The mysterious INFJ
- 16 habits of Highly Sensitive People
- 23 signs you’re secretly and introvert
- Are you an introvert like me…
- Personality Playbook
- Should office culture change to accommodate introverts?
- 10 ways to make an introvert fall in love with you
- Books for the INFJ (don’t be fooled by the teen fiction)
- Susan Cain regarding quiet havens in the workplace
- Susan cain recommends…
- 15 signs you’re an introvert
- Truth Love Unity blog
- Possibly my enneagram (5)
- 35 enlightening books for introverts
- Bobby-Jo Dearnley blog
- I am an INFJ
- INFJ, Much?
- Project Evolove (dating)
- INFJ dating bible
- 40 hilarious proverbs every introvert lives by
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower (free .pdf book)
I love the above image which I found on the Facebook group I follow. I noticed recently that when I go get coffee in the the VERY busy break room at work I do whatever possible to get in and get out. I’ll take the burnt coffee, less coffee, or even the rest of the coffee. Whatever I can do to shorten my chances of social interaction is ideal.
Between the thoughtless words and the wordless thoughts
Between my plotless fears and my fearless plots
Between the parts of me I keep from you and the things that I’m just not
The center keeps on drifting
the music never stops
Don’t be angry
Don’t be sad, don’t be blue
And why on earth should you do what god wants you to do
when he’s got more than a few
manuals from which to choose?
And the sadness you have
is the love that you feel
trying to turn itself into something that’s real…
For all those introverts out there…