Finally coming off the high

10pm on Thursday after my Pacific Northwest trip, and I finally have a moment long enough to realize I haven’t blogged since I was sitting in the airport in San Francisco.

Tuesday was a pretty grueling day. My aisle seat yeah kept me from gawking out the window and maybe getting some sleep, but also led to me to getting bumped constantly by flight attendants and other passengers. I maybe got a total of two hours of broken sleep throughout the four hour flight. That’s cool though. In that situation any is better than none. I was pretty awake while sitting at O’Hare for 90+ minutes awaiting for my connecting flight to Cincinnati, but as soon as I settled onto the next plane I was asleep. I don’t recall ever falling asleep before and through takeoff.

I woke up just NW of Indianapolis so I got to see a bird’s eye view of the entire north half of Indianapolis and followed the landscape down US 52 past Brookville till we landed. This is the second time I’ve been on this flight path and just like the first time I was on the wrong side of the plane to see ‘home’ from 20,000 feet up. Dangit.

After begrudgingly waiting for the airport shuttle to get me back to downtown I was finally back in my apartment by a bit after 11am. It’s always a bittersweet relief. The biggest relief though was just getting my shoes and socks off and evaluate my feet. After walking nearly 30,000 steps (about 12 miles) the previous day they were in a lot of pain. I finally got to confirm there were blisters on both. From there I crawled into bed, set my alarm, and squeezed in a little rest (no sleep) before departing for work. Yes, I went to work.

I opted to work from 1-5 since I don’t have a lot of vacation time left to burn. Plus it was nice to just get some things organized before really getting back into it on Wednesday. It wasn’t too bad aside from the walk to and from. I did doze off twice while I was waiting for a couple of reports to process. Anyhow, I made it.

It wasn’t long after arriving home that I was back to sleep for a few hours. Then I slept some more.

Wednesday was a busy work day and a trial and failure of trying to catchup on some personal things. My evening was scampering to get some groceries before settling in for 5 HOUR 2nd clown car race. With so much stupidity and entertainment it was impossible to sleep or do anything else. Then I got more sleep.

Today was a little better in trying to catchup on a few things, but yet again was mostly a failure. Another scramble for some dinner, and then an early long nap.

Now here we are.

I got some bills to pay, laundry to do, plans to make, things to read and listen to, pictures to edit, and it’s all inevitably going to keep me at bay this weekend instead of making a visit back home. Downtime is a necessity after this long trip especially with another on the horizon.

In all though the trip this past week was a dream come true. It all went so well, and I got to see so much. I promise I’ll get around to sharing the sights with you soon….after some more sleep. 🙂


About jeffbedel

Indiana native that moved to Cincinnati in January 2012. Former trivia host, beer snob, foodie, non-conformist.

Posted on September 17, 2015, in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: